This month's update completely snuck up on me! Partially because I was so late getting last month's photo taken so it felt like I just did this and partially because February just flew by. I call it the month of sickness and snow. So much... TOO MUCH... of both! Someone asked me on Wednesday how old HG was and I said, "9 1/2 months" with the greatest confidence. Then my mom said, "Wait, isn't today the 4th?". Holy moly how is my bitty baby already 10 months old? Unreal. As you can tell from the slight blur in every one of this month's photos, Mr. Mush is never still. I still managed to get some cute shots despite his constant motion! Now on to the stats.
- New foods: crackers, refried beans, scrambled eggs
- Reaches out to show us things and waves hi/bye
- Becoming a pro walker! It's probably 80/20 walking over crawling now!!
- Still nursing 4x a day but becoming a pro at hand-feeding himself so we are gradually switching from chunky puree to soft solids.
- First bad cold - RSV
- First ear infection/antibiotics
- First time NOT waking up at 3:40 the morning of his month anniversary. He still isn't consistently sleeping through the night but we're getting there. I hope!
- 2nd snow, 1st time sledding
- Goofball and giggle machine. Now that he's mobile he loves teetering all around the room, giggling, and flopping face-first onto pillows. He also loves being tickled!
- First dance class ... strapped to me! He absolutely loved it and bopped his feet the whole time.
- Pulls his bib off mid-meal
- He ALWAYS has his hand in his mouth, playing with his tongue. We're always on alert checking to see if he actually has something in his mouth or if he's just chewing on his fingers.
- Super mini tantrum-thrower when he doesn't get what he wants. Throws his head back for an initial fuss then flops over with his head on the floor. Drama, drama, drama.
- He has the BEST faces including a number of shocked looks when he finds something new, becomes appalled that we've taken something away from him, protests a recent fall.
- If there is a keyboard in arms reach he WILL find a way to get his little hands on the keys, even swatting your hand out of the way when you try stopping him.
- Super chatty with grunts, mama, dada, hi and many other noises.
- Needs a few minutes to take it in when he's in a new situation or around new people. He really examines his surroundings for about 5 minutes before feeling comfortable enough to interact with new faces and places.
Until next time...